What is Baptism?
Baptism is an outward confession of an inward change done after you have received Jesus as your Savior. It is an
essential step for a follower of Jesus as they continue in their journey as a disciple of Jesus.
At Southbridge Fellowship, we baptize by immersion. It’s an example we see throughout the story of the early church in the New Testament. It is a beautiful display of the gospel as we identify with Jesus in His death and burial as we
immerse in water and come back out of the water symbolizing His resurrection. "Baptize" litterally means immerse in water.
Why Should I Be Baptized?
- It is the symbol of our identity with Christ.
- It proclaims Christ’s death and resurrection.
- It imitates the example of Jesus.
- It follows Jesus’ last command on earth.
- It serves as public notice to the world of your new life in Jesus
- It pictures a believer’s death to sin and resurrection through the Holy Spirit.
How can I be baptized?
- Sign up online.
- Share your story. As a testimony of what God has done in your life, we ask that you share your story with the leadership of Southbridge.
- Get baptized!